This idea is nothing new I originally saw something very similar on Pinterest with the Wicked Witch of the East in a book. My friend Leslierahye did an amazing bookmark out of felt with one of my digis for a design team project. I decided to combine both ideas and make my own bookmark, which I have already lost to my daughter.
Chip board (I used a coaster)
Circle Clay Cutter
Needle with the end snipped off stuck in a cork
1. Roll out clay to a unformed thickness. Take circle cutter and cut two circles.
2. Cut coaster to the desired width.
3. Score clay and lay the coaster in the middle of the bottom circle. Add water and score the other piece of clay and smooth them together. Add two circles for googly eyes and detail for the mouth.
4. Taking the needle insert the string into the top of the “head” to produce hair. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
5. Sand if desire. Paint and seal!