I found this on Pinterest but I changed the design. You will need the printout from Making Friends – HERE. In honor of the First Day of Cookie Sales 2013 here is a How-to for a cute SWAPS our troop made.
- Printout from Making Friends
- Cardboard (mine was from the back of an old notebook)
- Markers (I used my Bic© Mark-Its™ and a Silver Sharpie®)
- 1″ hole Punch
- Metal Tape
- Safety Pins
- Hot Glue Gun/Sticks
- Glue Stick
- Unwrap toothpick.
- Cut in half. Color with markers.
- Add silver to the toothpick and black for the tip.
- Print and cut out printable. Adhere to cardboard evenly spaced apart. Cut our leaving a “mat” this will look like the clipboard.
- Punch metal tape on the edge.
- This is so you have half circles and will act as the clip.
- Center toothpick on the metal tape.
- Adhere to the clipboard with the circle part on the back.
- Open safety pins.
- Place safety pins with the SWAPS.
- Take opened safety pin and hot glue the safety pin on the side.