It is the last week of school and I have been running around like a mad women! My last party for Kindergarten for the Princess so I had to make my signature sugar cookies! This time I decided to experiment with Starburst Candy!
1. Bake cookies – Sugar Cookies. Allow them to cool!
2. Take Starburst and roll them out.
3. Take a small cookie cutter. Since I bake a lot I bought a set of clay cookie cutters that I use just for food. This is a 1/2″ circle.
4. Food coloring marker. My daughter got these in a kit from a friend. They are AWESOME!
5. Make a circle in the middle. Color it in. Note – kids can do this part.
6. All the eyes.
7. Frost your cookies!
- Easy Frosting Recipe:
- 1 stick of butter (room temp)
- 2 cups Powder Sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP Milk
- Add any color you want
- Mix everything together until it is nice and fluffy!
8. Add eyes. I placed mine in the fridge because it was really hot and I didn’t want the frosting to melt.
I can not believe how fast the year went and how much stuff I managed to accomplish! I hope I am as productive this summer as I was during the school year!