Save the Date for our blog hop right here on July 28th!
Also there will be BLOG CANDY to be won…
three (3) Terri Sproul Mixers and a bottle of Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer.
Today project is my dad’s birthday gift, so dad if you are reading this stop. My dad loves anything and everything to do with John Wayne. I decided to create a John Wayne wall hanging for him for his birthday.
This project uses an old CD case for the frame (which for someone like me this is great because I break glass just by looking at it).
- CD Case
- 2 – Acetate
- 3D Crystal Lacquer
- Terri Sproul Mixer – Copper
- Brown Dye
- Background Paper
- Mat Board
- Pop Dots
- Exacto Knife
2. Take Exacto Knife and cut the “nubs” off the inside of the case. Cut mat board to fit the “front cover” of the case. Cover matboard with desired background paper. Glue to the front cover of the case (desired background paper should NOT be glued to the plastic.)
3. Take photo and bring it into a photo editing program to produce a “cut out” photo. Take acetate, trace shadows on one pice and mid tones on the other.
4. Mix a shadow color – Brown Dye, Copper Terri Sproul Mixer and 3dCrystal Lacquer. Mix a mid-tone color – Copper Terri Sproul Mixer and 3D Crystal Lacquer. Paint the acetate with Terri Sproul Mixers and 3D Crystal Lacquer. Allow to dry.
5. Add pop dots to the acetate. Place the first piece of acetate (shadow) down first. Line up the mid-tones and attach with Pop Dots.
6. Glue cover shut and hide edges with ribbon.