Welcome to my vacation inspired post for Amazing Crafting Products. We recently returned from a two week trek across 10 states. One of the places we visited was Lake Michigan (the “beach” in my hometown). Besides the fact was not a balmy 78 degrees like it is in the ocean, it was a beautiful day for swimming, playing in the sand, finding drift wood and shells (yes even though Lake Michigan is a fresh water lake there are still shells.) I wanted to take those objects and create something that would always remind me of “home” it also had to be functional. I went to a local bead shop when I was home Noc Bay Trading Company and purchased some barrettes and other items, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this post.
- Amazing Mold Putty
- Amazing Quick Cast
- Drift Wood
- Bic® Mark-it Brown Marker
- Hot Glue Gun/Glue
2. Take equal parts of A & B of Amazing Mold Putty
3. Mix throughly equal parts of A & B of Amazing Mold Putty.
4. Impress object into mold – allow to set for 3 – 10 minutes. Un-mold original object.
5. Put sand in the mold before mixing resin.
6. Mix quick cast (equal parts A & B) pour into mold. Hold barrette until resin is set – 2-8 minutes.
7. Un-mold barrette. Color the sides with a brown Bic Mark-it and add the drift wood and shell to finish the piece.
|Close up of the drift wood and the shell
|Finished barrette from the top
|Finished barrette from the side
Now I have a great keepsake that can be worn anytime created from found objects from my vacation!