For my final individual project post for Amazing Crafting Products I decided to show my resin Christmas Ornaments I created for my Etsy Store. First I want to thank Amazing Crafting Products and Terri Sproul for such an amazing opportunity.
Every year I create Christmas Ornaments for my Etsy Store and donate half to a specific charity (Trevor’s Project, St. Jude’s, NWF, March of Dimes, Feed the Hungry, etc.). Every year I am under the wire to finish ornaments and never get as many as I would like. This year I decided to mold the original clay ornaments in mold putty, cast them in resin and hand paint them. This way I could make a ton of ornaments (a ton in my book is more than one), sell them at a cheaper price and still donate money to charity.
2. Take equal parts A & B of the Mold Putty
3. Knead together as quickly as possible.
4. Place item in the mold. Allow item to set for 5-10 minutes before unmolding.
5. Mix resin equal parts A & B and pour into molds.
6. Allow resin to cure about 5-10 minutes.
7. Un-mold and paint with acrylic craft paint.
I currently have 5 new ornaments and plan on making a lot more for my Etsy Shop.