I am going to be honest I really don’t like Valentine’s Day but the Princess has been bugging me to make some Valentine’s Day stuff for out house. I decided I wanted to make a wreath which is also funny because I am not the biggest wreath fan unless it is for Christmas. I also realized I had nothing to make this with so I put my thinking cap on to see what I could use as a base. I wanted it light and flexible, it also had to be constructed during nap time (1 hour tops).
- Tin foil
- Masking Tape
- Scrap Fabric
- Hot Glue/Glue Sticks
- Scrap Paper
- White Glue
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Vintage Photo *Opitional
- Take tin foil (mine was about 3′ long) and roll into a “snake” and form to desired shape.
- Taking newspaper and to “fluff” out the tinfoil to desired thickness. Secure the newspaper with masking tape.
- Taking “scrap” material cut strips about two inches wide the length of the fabric. Fabric is needed to “hide” the newspaper. If the newspaper look is desired cut strips of newspaper to wrap the wreath with.
- Taking the strips wrap the wreath secure with hot glue.
- Take a translucent material and wrap the wreath with the translucent fabric.
- Find something to use as a circle and trace circles.
- Draw a spiral.
- Cut out the spiral and roll from the center out and secure with glue. Once flowers are dry dab edges with ink.
- Hot Glue the flowers to the wreath. Add additional ribbon or fabric to the wreath and ribbon to hang the wreath.