I have admitted time and time again I do not like Valentine’s Day but this year I am okay with it. Why? I have no idea but I did create myself some fun earrings this weekend from a cereal box. I promise they are made from a cereal box, they are extremely light and very cool!
- Cereal Box
- 1″ Circle Punch
- Red Card Stock
- 05 Micron Pen (anything Waterproof or Permanent will work)
- White Craft Paint
- Studio G Glitter Black
- Studio G Glitter Red
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- 2 Jump Rings
- 2 Fish Hook Earrings
- Exacto Knife
- White Glue
- Red Permanent Marker
- Paint Brush
2. Take Circle Punch a punch 4 circles out of the cereal box.
3. Taking white glue apply glue to printed side of the cereal box.
4. Press printed sides together. Take white craft paint and paint front and back of the circles. Allow to dry about 20 minutes.
5. Taking the Circle Punch, punch two circles out of the red card stock. Draw a heart on the circle and cut out the heart. Using the cut heart trace on to the other circle and cut out. Draw mustache with Micron Pen.
6. Glue heart to the cereal box circles. Color the other side of the circle with red marker. Cut out the hearts. Add red glitter to the backside. Allow to dry completely (about 3 hours). Flip over and add glitter glue to the mustache and the remaining heart area. Allow to dry completely (about 3 hours).
7. Add Dimensional Magic to the backside of the earring first (the slower you apply this the less of a chance of air bubbles). Allow to dry completely (about 3 hours). Flip over and apply the Dimensional Magic to the mustache side. Allow to dry completely (about 3 hours).
8. Once the charms are dried completely take and Exacto Knife and carefully “drill” through the charm. Repeat with second charm.
9. Add jump rings and earrings to finish the pieces.
I love them because they make me laugh and think of my best friend Todd. I will definitely be wearing them on Thursday for Valentine’s Day.