Every year I make Peppermint Bark and every year I make tweaks to the recipe. If you want the original recipe check here. The newest revision was an accident, I forgot heavy cream last year and only had full fat coconut milk, so I tried it and it was AMAZING!
Amanda’s Revised Peppermint Bark
- 30 red & white hard peppermint candies – Crushed
- 2 bags of white chocolate (can use 1 bag) NOTE on chocolate: the better the chocolate the better your bark will taste
- 1 bag of bittersweet (semi-sweet) chocolate (I have also used Dark Chocolate which is FABULOUS!!!!!) – NOTE on chocolate: the better the chocolate the better your bark will taste
- 8 TBSP Full Fat Coconut Milk (4 in white – 4 in chocolate)
- 7 TBSP of Rumple Minze (3 in dark chocolate – 4 in white *Note if you use Dark Chocolate up it to 4 TBSP and if you are using 2 bags of White up it to 5 TBSP)
Cover securely with foil a 12”x9” baking sheet. Double boiler melt dark chocolate add, 4 TBSP of Rumple Mintz, and 4 TBSP of Coconut Milk. Mix until well blended. Pour onto baking sheet spread chocolate on pan put 1/4 cup of chopped peppermint, refrigerate. Melt white chocolate add 3 TBSP of Rumple Mintz and 4 TBSP of Coconut Milk (I add an extra TBSP or two because it melts better than without). Spread on dark chocolate put remainder of peppermint pieces on top (push into the chocolate). Put in refrigerator (I put mine in the freezer) Cut into pieces store in airtight container (in the refrigerator) – I use a pizza cutter and cut into 1″ x 1″ squares (trust me that is big enough). I serve mine directly from the freezer because it would melt if I let it get to room temperature. The consistency can be more of a fudge than an actual bark but it is amazing, I have had this set as an actual bark too it depends on the humidity in your area.