Yes I have made more progress on a putting green. I still have to sew green felt to the green and a couple of “sand traps” but I am making progress. I also think I will NEVER want to sew felt ever again after this year – lol.
The one thing that I needed to figure out was the “hole” I needed it to be raised up so the ball could drop into the cup. So I came up with the following idea, made from cardboard, a paper Halloween cup and hot glue (no pattern just winged it).
I cut the top off of the cup, leaving about a 1/2” for a lip. I then drew around the cup on the cardboard.
I then cut the circle out of the slant.
I hot glued the slant to the cup and then traced the whole thing onto a bigger piece of cardboard.
Once the piece was completely cut out I hot glued the cup to the base and then did 1/2” supports to the base.
I then hot glued the slant to the base.
Close up of the cup with the hot glue and the interior of the cup that I covered in white felt.
The felt – I laid it over the top and drew around the opening and cut out the circle. I then hot glued it down.
Close up of the side of the hole before I covered it with felt.
The green on the felt bummer that I am going to add green and brown, so it looks like a putting green.
My putter. I can not find more dowels to make another one so it might have to wait until after the holidays. Wal-mart has a very poor craft selection and you can not pay me to go to the other side of town for dowel rods this time of year.
I am almost done with this and Jeff’s present as well but I can’t really finish it because he is on vacation. I might be able to sneak some working time on it if not I will give it to him unfinished with the promise of finishing it soon.
We plan on doing a “family craft” today our traditional salt dough ornaments so I hope to have photos of everyone being “crafty” today.
FOUR DAYS and then I can start planning for next year