Look Double Post Day – Merry Christmas!
Every year I find myself saying every year I am going to buy Stocking Hangers every year when they are on Clearance after Christmas. Well guess who once again forgot. I never ever think of them until it is Christmas Eve and I need to hang stockings. Last year I Duck Taped Stockings to the wall (yes I really did). I was bound and determined to come up with a creative solution to hang ALL of our stockings.
The princess had some Rainbow Colored Shoes Laces that NEVER stayed tied (why would you create shoe laces that DO NOT stay tied is beyond me) so they were just in my stack o’stuff I didn’t know what to do with. The Princess said, “We need to hang stockings mom! Think of something.” I looked at the rainbow shoe laces and brought them over to our DVD Shelf the shoe laces were exactly the length I needed them to be. I tied up the laces and grabbed some clothes pins to hang the stockings and it worked! I was so excited and quite embarrassed that I had NEVER thought of this before. I decided to add some glitter and snowflakes to tie our decor together.
- White Glue
- Clothes Pins
- 2 Shoe Laces
2. Take shoelace and string between the shelf.
3. Tie shoelace on either end
4. What it will look like (repeat steps 2 & 3 for second shoelace.)
5. Take clothes pin and place either in a tray or on a sheet of paper.
6. Add a bead of white glue. Take a paint brush or finger to evenly spred the glue across the clothes pin.
7. Dump glitter on top of the glue. Press the glitter into the glue.
8. Shake off excess glitter.
9. Add embellishments with glue.
10. Add more glitter to hide the glue. Shake off excess glitter and allow to dry. Repeat steps 5-10 as neccessary).