The Fourth of July is tomorrow which means we needed to get some Patriotic Items for our cook out done.
I had quite a bit scrap fabric laying around and the princess has been asking to make stuff with it. She suggested we make 4th of July decorations because it would be pretty and fun.
- Fabric (red, white, and blue)
- Fabric Glue or a Tacky Glue
- Jute Twine
- Scrap of fabric 1″ thick or ribbon
- Stencil (USA)
- Star Cookie Cutter for Star
- Glitter (I used Glitter Paint for the stars and the letters)
- White paper
2. Fold a piece of printer paper in half lengthwise. Cut from one corner on a diagonal to the edge. From the corner up measure 6″ cut a straight line. Taking the template just created trace the flag on a fold.
3. Repeat this with all colors of the fabric.
4. Cut out fabric flags.
5. Trace the stars and cut them out. Taking glue, glue the white star to the blue flag, the blue star to the red flag and the red to the white flag.
6. Open flag and place the twine in the middle of the flag. Apply glue to the inside of the flag and flatten.
7. Stencil the U.S.A. on each of the flags, following the same color scheme in step 5. Allow to dry. Tie scraps of fabric to the twine before hanging.